One of my favorite places in the world!!!

Monday, February 28, 2011

Monday, Monday

Mondays really aren't so bad.  It is starting off a busy week, but a normal busy.  I can deal with that.  Work has been busy, too - that I like as well - that means I don't have to try to find things to do to keep myself busy at work.  Which happened a lot last fall and time goes so very, very slow when you're not busy with things to do. 

We did find a dress for Alexa's musical theater solo - one HUGE thing off my list.  If we don't find a dress ready to go, then I have to find one that I can alter or change to make work AND I only have until the 12th to get it done.  The costumes for 'Wicked' are not available to rent because the musical is still in production.  Gotta love shopping online to find one suitable for the song.  :)  It isn't exact, but it will work very well and was very reasonable in price.  I figure the cost to buy it was about what I could have rented it once for.  Then I have the dress and can re-sell it online when we are all done with it.  Being able to do so much online is truly a wonderful marvel of the age we live in.  Who'd a thought of all these posibilities 25 years ago?

Our cheerleaders did well at State competition Saturday.  They did not place as high as they had hoped, but they have worked hard all season and the parents are very proud of them - they made it to State!  Next year is another opportunity to do it again!  The girls are very energetic and talented, I know they can make it back to State competition.

The first picture is the team at regionals.  The second picture is the final pose of their state performance.  you see the judges tables in the foreground and the spectators sit in the seats behind them.  All the seats in the background is where the teams put all their stuff.  It was a long day, but you get to see some really awesome routines.

Have an awesome week and may you find something to 'cheer' about every day!!!!
Love ya,
Bren

No comments:

Post a Comment