One of my favorite places in the world!!!

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Snow Days!!!

I really like snow days.  It can be a day to do anything. (get lots accomplished IF you are in that mindset)  We actually had two snow days in a row!  Sunday the storm was coming and they didn't want church members on the roads in the heavy snow and strong winds, so a day off.  I did manage to get some pictures put into albums.  Doesn't sound like much, but you can't do that until a few things are put away from the front of the book shelves and it wasn't just one album.  It was into 6 albums.  I have a set of albums for each child.  Yup, lots of albums and even more photos.  I went to Europe with Gwen and the Wisconsin Ambassadors of Musicians (WAM) in 2006.  Guess how any pictures I took?  Here's a little help, we were gone 16 days and in 10 countries.  I know, tough to guess and I love to take pictures.  The total was just over 1200 - AFTER I deleted the bad ones.  With all of those there were two that I didn't get.  The first one was in Paris.  We were on a tour boat on the Seinne River, the sun setting behind Notre Dame Cathedral - pretty much the most perfect picture I could have taken and my camera batteries were dead.  I had left the spare batteries on the bus.  UGH!!!!  The second picture I missed?  In Switzerland we went to go see the Matterhorn, well the day we were there it was covered by a cloud - never did see the big hunk of rock.  However, the morning we were leaving, I went out onto the hotel room balcony and looked to the left and thought I saw what might have been the Matterhornin the skyline of the Alps.  I did not take that photo.  I really, really wish I had.  I may never get to go back.

Now back to the kids' albums.  I haven't done much in the way of recording their lives growing up, except for photos.  I always loved to look at our family pics as I was growing up and I knew my kids would, too.  Some families trail off a little more with each child.  Not me, I just took more and made more copies of them.  We have lots of classic photos of the kids.  The expressions and the antics are so much fun.  Fred even used one of those classics at Gwen's wedding ceremony this summer.  Priceless.

The second snow day, Monday, I just took a 4 hour nap, which I never get to do.  It felt so good.  I did a little bit around the house, but not much.  Just slacked.  We need those days, too!

I love snow! It is awesome to think we could still get snow for two more months, maybe three!!!!


Love ya,
Bren

No comments:

Post a Comment