One of my favorite places in the world!!!

Friday, February 11, 2011

A Week gone by already????

    Amazing!  The week went by so fast.  I was busy at work, which was good.  Some days I run out of things to do and end up doing a lot of filing.  That isn't hard as we learn the alphabet by age 5, just not very mind awakening.  Now the tax season has begun.  I don't mind doing taxes.  Weird, huh?  I am a numbers person.  I like LOVE puzzles and getting numbers to balance is like a puzzle.  Numbers are not like English, where sometimes there is no right or wrong answer, and if your opinion doesn't match the teacher's, you get down graded for it.  Numbers always have an answer.  It is either right or wrong.

One hard thing about numbers, though, are surveys.  I detest them.  I won't do surveys any more.  why?  Because if you listen carefully to the question, it is usually asked in such a way to elicit a specific response.  The response they want you to give - they really don't want my opinion.  They want me to answer to support their opinion.  Hence, the survey is biased.  They really don't like it when you tell them that, either.  But it is the truth and sometimes the truth is hard to hear.

I also do Sudoku puzzles every day.  I absolutely love them.  I did lots in Mexico on vacation.  I can do them and not think of anything else.  If you know me, then you know that I have a hard time just thinking of one thing at a time.  I can sit at work matching up POs, packing slips and invoices while listening to the radio and stating who is singing the song, what the song name is, and any other trivia I know about the song, the movie it was played in, or the artist.  Which then leads to good movie quotes or other mindless info rolling around in my head at the time.  I have solved many solutions while in the shower, while I sleep or even eating dinner.  It's fun, some days I wake up just knowing how to fix or correct something.  Not sure how it happens, but it makes me feel invigorated and energized.



We are looking forward to having Gwen home, but we also know that means her husband is away for a while.  We are expecting her home this week.  It will be exciting and she is bringing her 3 cats home, too!  We will see how Allie (our full size Collie above) does with them.  The house is big enough so there is enough room for the dog and the cats to have their own space.  The best part about her coming home is that next Friday the 18th, we are going to see the musical 'Wicked'!  


That's enough rambling for now.  Our busy schedule works with my brain - never a dull moment and always something to think about!  :)

Love ya,
Bren

No comments:

Post a Comment