One of my favorite places in the world!!!

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Getting a little older, Hmmmmm . . . .

Ok, so first picture is of my Green and Gold outfit for Sunday.  Didn't realize I looked so plump in it, but it's what I have and I will wear it tomorrow to church.  I wore it Friday to work.  Comfort works! 


Now the 'getting a little older'.  What you have below on the left is my first pair of glasses at age 12 in 1976.  This picture was taken just a week before or the week of my broken left leg. (I broke it skateboarding at my birthday party and it was only a fracture of the tibia in my lower leg)  The outfit in the picture was one of my favorites.  I loved the lacelike edging and it was a very soft t-shirt knit.  The necklace was also a favorite.  As you can see in the photos, I've had some dental work done and am even on my second set of caps.  Yup, just aged me plenty.   The photo on the right was taken this evening and is my new pair of glasses.  I got a 2nd pair in the 7th grade, a 3rd pair when I was pregnant with Gwen and now these.  Didn't even have my eyes tested for 20 years.  I had them tested about 2 years ago and was borderline.  Now these old eyeballs just get tired in the afternoons from looking at so much fine print on invoices and statements.  Can anyone tell me why 6 or 8 pt font is allowed anywhere except an eye test?


Well, we have all the food for the game tomorrow.  Should be good eats even if the game doesn't pan out.  I must say that I am glad to be at home.  Traveling to Texas sure seems like an ordeal.  If the weather in Wisconsin wasn't enough this week, the weather in Texas has been even worse with ice and how ill prepared they are to deal with it.  Just so you know, the hotels in Green Bay are filled to capacity.  Many fans traveled to Green Bay to watch the game and celebrate in Packer Country.  I am pretty sure that is cheaper than going to Dallas.  :)

Have a great weekend!  Enjoy the game!  GO PACK GO!!!!

Love ya,
Bren

No comments:

Post a Comment