One of my favorite places in the world!!!

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Tomorrow is Friday !!!!!

 I am so glad tomorrow is Friday!  Last day of work for the week and we go see the musical 'Wicked' tomorrow night!  It promises to be a great show.  It will be a long day at work, just because I have better things to do when it is over.

So far, the life-style changes are working out.  I cannot do a complete 'diet' change, but cutting back on eating is a big help.  Did you know that one chocolate kiss is about 20 calories?  One wouldn't be bad, but who can stop at one?  The little chocolate 'Treasures' taste wonderful, but those are more calories : 40-45 in each one - yup just one.  Can't stop at one of those either.  Eating more fruits and veges and smaller portions for lunch and supper plus more water.  You don't get so tired and hit the 2 o'clock wall if you eat a little less at lunch.  Exercising also helps us feel better and putting in the effort to exercise makes it more meaningful to eat better.  I don't feel like I am sabotaging myself and both efforts work together and reinforce the other.  So far, so good; but it's only been 3 days.  I usually struggle keeping it going for a much longer time.  This blog, I think, will help me be more accountable.  I started a list on the left.  If I list each day what I did, then I can see it for myself.

Time to go exercise.  Maybe the balance ball tonight, or walking or this other aerobic DVD that I bought for $2.50.  It is awesome!  It has 10 min workouts and the lady in it even sweats!  I can do one or 6 of them, whatever I feel like.  It is so not like the balance ball DVD where the lady goes on for over an hour and not one drop of sweat can be found.

Happy Exercising!
Love Ya,
Bren

No comments:

Post a Comment