One of my favorite places in the world!!!

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Vacation comes to an end

Well,  life is not a 'vacation', so tomorrow it is back to reality.  I am OK with that.  Ready to get back and dive in to everything again.  This break was just perfect.  I like to be busy doing things and even on vacation I managed some things from here.  But our lives have changed.  I guess I am more in the habit of texting than I realized.  Wow.  Our cell phones do not work in Mexico.  I can't begin to count how many times I would have liked to sent a text to one of my kids, (with 6, that can be a lot of texting - and they don't all have cellphones yet.)!

We never did make it to Cozumel.  Yesterday we set out to do that, but missed the 1 o'clock ferry from Playa del Carmen.  So we just went to the beach at Playacar Palace instead. Just doing that was $40 in round-trip taxi fare.  We saved another $100 with the ferry ride both ways and the taxi to the Cozumel Palace and back to the ferry.  Playacar's beach is right next to the ferry dock and very nice.  No conch shell for Megan, but when we bring the kids she can either find or buy her own and it will mean more to her.

Today was a 'sun' day.  We baked for a bit, I participated in the Water Aerobics class and later went kayaking in the lagoon for a few minutes.  See. . .  can't just sit still for more than a couple of hours.  I have completed one Sudoku book and have begun the second.

This evening we finish packing up so we are ready to go to the lobby at 8 am. to begin the trip home.  They saved the coldest weather for us. (which is still not as cold as it normally is when we get home.)  Fred is getting his last massage, I have most of our stuff packed.  We will go watch the fire show at seven and have dinner there.  The shows are pretty good.

One of the end of Yoga class thoughts was this, "most of us never have the opportunity to large good things, but we all have many opportunities each day to do small good things.  In that way we can make a big difference in the world." 

Look for all the 'little' good things you do each day and feel good about who you are.

Love Ya,
Bren

No comments:

Post a Comment