One of my favorite places in the world!!!

Saturday, January 7, 2012

I did it!!! - got brave, too :)


You have to promise - absolutely no laughing, but you can smile.  :)    I began the exercise and new eating habits on August 1st 2011. Moving the sleeper sofa in the basement the day before, I hurt my right hip - BUT began anyway doing only the exercises I could comfortably do.  {After seeing these 'Before' pics, there was no way I was going to NOT start this program}
 Three weeks into the program I caught the nastiest cold/virus I have had in years - delayed me 3 weeks.  So I started it over with the week one workout.  During those 3 'sick' weeks, I kept up with the new eating habits (or at least kept that as the main focus of how I was eating).  Some days I was too sick to care.  Missed the better part of 3 weeks of work, too.
I kept at it.  If I had a week when I didn't exercise enough, I did it over.  This is why it has taken me 5 months to complete a 13 week program.  I didn't notice any changes for several weeks, but felt so much better physically that that reward alone was good enough to keep me going.


Yah, that's me smiling!  Look how baggy those sport shorts are!  Yipeee!!!!  Just 5 short months ago - they were stretched to the limit.  I also can't believe it, but I think you can see the outline of a 6-pack!  Now, there is still room for improvement and as I have written earlier - the 'baby' tummy may always be there in some form.  I am so very happy it is so very much shrunk.

A word of encouragement to absolutely everyone who reads this - YOU CAN DO THIS IF I CAN DO THIS.  I am no one of any particular strength, fortitude, or have super powers.  I just kept at it, even if it was only 15 min a day.  I did the best I could, recorded what I did to see my progress and kept going.  If we quit, then we never know what we could have accomplished.

Have a wonderful day!  I know I am.  :)

Love Ya,
Bren


No comments:

Post a Comment