One of my favorite places in the world!!!

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Here we go!!!!

Summer has finally arrived - or almost.  The weather does feel like summer and as usual we went from heating the house directly to needing the air conditioning on.  Feels good though, I really like putting away the warmer coats and putting on capris and flip-flops.

The school year wraps up this week for my kids and we are well planned for the summer.  June looked somewhat empty, but I am filling it up nicely.  Had a crazy thought at Meg's track banquet tonight - why don't I practice each saturday in June and invite any of the HS girls to practice with me?  So, I have created my little postcards and will mail them out to the girls tomorrow.  It's only 4 saturdays, but it will make a difference for me and hopefully them.  I am really excited about it!!!!

Gwen's husband arrives home late tonight from his deployment.  She is so excited and today has been a very long day for her.  Gwen had wanted to take some brats home with her to Texas, but forgot them at Grandma's.  I knew she wanted them as a welcome home treat for Greg, so I had some shipped.  For future reference - that was expensive.  However, for a young man serving our country - well worth it for him.

Tim is staying at college this summer and working.  Things seem to be going OK for him, I think he has 5 semesters left and he will graduate with an engineering degree.  I am so proud of him for making huge changes in his life and getting back to school.  It hasn't been easy, but nothing worth it ever is.  This makes the reward that much more meaningful.  He has a very nice girlfriend, Lindsay.  She helps him be a better man.  Moms only have so much influence, you know.  :)

We will be taking Alexa's senior pictures this summer and here we go again!  This should be really a fun time for her.  Hard to believe that, pretty sure, it was just yesterday I was holding this tiny little Alexa in my arms.  This is true with all the kids, but she is the oldest of my younger 3.  Her graduating and heading off to school in a year will really be felt.  I was just thinking about it today and when the older 3 graduated and left, I still had 3 at home and very busy with them.  Now, as the younger 3 get ready to fly the coop, I will notice it a lot more.  I guess I will get to travel more to see the grandkids as they arrive.  Gee . . .  that sounds awful!  NOT!!!!  It sounds wonderful!  So much to look forward to!

Have a great start to summer!
Love ya,
Bren

No comments:

Post a Comment