One of my favorite places in the world!!!

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Will Spring ever get here?

  Now this is getting really old.  I do LOVE snow, but there is a time and place for everything.  May is NOT the time for snow.  We did see a few flakes drifting downward today.  It was just a few and I refuse to wear my winter coat!  It just has to warm up.  Maybe tomorrow it will be warmer.  We can only hope at this point.

I have been giving more thought to the discus throwing and haven't even touched it again since Saturday.  I did research prior years' results of the Badger State Games.  78' is what the person in my age group threw the past 2-3 years.  I can throw that now and did on Saturday - with, 'ahem',  no training at all.  By the end of Sunday I was getting pretty psyched up and really believe I could do this, now.  Not in a year, but now with 8-9 weeks of conditioning and practice.  I haven't made my final decision, but will try to get some conditioning workouts in, granted they can't be olympic effort training as my body just won't be able to do that.  However, it will give my workouts purpose and it won't be 3 hours either.  My goal would be 45-60 min a day.  That's about all I have time for.  I will have to get back to you on my decision in a few weeks.

Back in February I posted about the acrylic nails and that I would have to try them for a couple of months to see if I could live with this 'girl' thing or not.  So far, they are staying.  I have broken a couple and it is frustrating to need to get one fixed.  Opening a pop-tab can is difficult, or anything that requires thin nails.  Acrylic nails are thick and you can no longer scratch an itch sufficiently, grab a thread, or anything small and detailed.  Of course, with my need for glasses, that means I'd have to see it first.  :)  I am not fond of how they grow out either, but I have found a polish color that looks very tasteful but very soft, a kind of irridescent light pink.   As the nails grow out, you can see the edge of the acrylic near the nail bed and the longer you go between fills the bigger the gap.  With dark or bright polish, the gap is very noticeable.  The soft pink color I use is almost the same color as my nails, so the outgrowth isn't very noticeable at all.  Can live with that.

Maybe if we all hope together, Spring will come to northern Wisconsin!
Love ya,
Bren

No comments:

Post a Comment