One of my favorite places in the world!!!

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Time Flies

Hello and welcome to summer in full swing!!!!  Busy isn't the right word to fully describe our lives at this moment.  I am practicing discus throwing each Saturday and then me & some scouts head off the to Humane Society to walk dogs for community service.  The boys need this for advancement and the Citizenship in the Community merit badge.  It is an Eagle required badge, so important to make the time to get it done.

Work had been very, very busy.  However, I took two afternoons this week to attend a digital photography/photoshop class.  It was supposed to be 3 afternoons, but I was smart enough to not waste any more time being frustrated with that program and losing work hours in the process.  I guess I am the teachers first drop-out.  Oh well, I don't have time to waste sitting there staring at a screen wanting to accomplish a task and nothing working, being frustrated beyond belief.  I did learn more about my camera and maybe just enough on their program to be a little more fluent in the Photoshop Elements software that I have at home.  I just don't get the layers thing.  This is a 'cadilac' program and I just need a 'chevy'.  Knowing my limits is a wonderful insight, listening to them has not been a strength for me in the past.  See . . . I can learn!

Scouts has been going much better, at least I feel ontop of things and not feel like I am being swept away by them.  The gift-card program is working out very nice.  The last thing I need to do is type up the instructions so some one else could follow them if anything were to ever happen to me.  They are hand-written and just need to be typed.  This is something that I've done on different jobs that I've had and it's been good to do from time to time.  The easiest way to write them is assume that the reader has no frame of reference to what you are talking about.  This helps me to write them very simply and forces me to be very detailed.  Usually turns out well.

I also have helped get the scouts' advancement information in our Troopmaster software program.  This helps with tracking their progress and partial merit badges as well as tons of other information that's handy to have in one spot.  This program will help us upload data to the BSA National database.  Pretty cool.

The big news of the day is that Bry & Mark found out the gender of the baby today  . . .  And . . . . it's a boy!  His name will be Korbin.  She hasn't felt him move yet, but should soon.  They did see him swim around lots on the ultrasound.  He is very active.  The appt with the cardiologist also went well today.  Nothing a concern at this time.  I asked her about the pacemaker.  They don't need to implant one at this time, unless something comes up.  She's doing great and feeling good with very little morning sickness at all.  I really hated that feeling, so I'm glad she doesn't have it.  Don't think all the girls will be so lucky with that, but we'll see.  I can't wait to go visit and take her maternity clothes shopping - just for a few things.

The next two weeks are busy, too.  We are preparing to take our trip west to see Bry & Mark, my sis Pam, and then end up at Gwen & Greg's.  So it will be to Utah, Arizona and Texas!  Whoo Hoo!  Let's hit the road.  Sounds nice, but it will be a lot of miles.  Alexa and I will take turns driving.  We plan to stay one night at a hotel in Nebraska on the way out then one night at a hotel in Missouri on the way home.  One big loop and I am sure I won't want to get into a car for any great length of time when we get home.  Still excited for the trip.  Not sure which vehicle we'll take.  Right now we have a Chevy Venture mini-van, which has lots of room, but we are looking at newer vehicles, so who knows?  I just need to have lots of room for stuff.  I will have stuff to take out and stuff to bring back.

Have a great summer! Hope you find a way to take some type of break from the day to day routine!!!
Love Ya,
Bren

No comments:

Post a Comment