One of my favorite places in the world!!!

Monday, August 1, 2011

It Has Begun!!!! :)

I wasn't sure the P90X program was actually going to start today.  After lifting some boxes at work Friday, a 6 hour rundtrip car ride on Saturday and waking up sore, as usual, I put my hip out Sunday morning.  I got up, went into the office for an official weight (only have 38 lbs to lose) and came home to make sure the basement workout area was good to go.  This meant moving the sleeper sofa against the back wall - a distance of about 10 feet.  Sleeper sofas are heavy and I figured it wouldn't be too big of a task in small pushes.  About the 3rd push I felt my right sacral joint give way.  Almost couldn't walk up the stairs.  I did, but only by going up with the left leg first.  Fred adjusted me, I iced it and took some ibuprofen.  Made it through church.  more ice and ibuprofen after church.   Sleep was a little difficult because every time I changed position I felt it.  Fred adjusted me again this morning, more ibuprofen and off to work I went and made it through the day.  By the time I got home from work pain was minimal.  More ibuprofen before the workout, though.

I did begin the meal plan.  Breakfast was an omelet, cottage cheese and fresh strawberries.  More than I could eat, actually.  Wonderful!  Menu plans that leave a person hungry really suck.  I followed it all day and feel pretty good.  This may work after all!!!!  Yippee Skippee!!!!

The first workout is complete.  Chest and Back followed by AbsX.  I survived.  It is stressed in the program to only do what you can do safely.  For instance, the push-ups can be done with our body as a plank.  I felt it pull on my hip, a lot.  So, I only did them from my knees instead of toes.  My arms still got a good workout and it didn't stress my hip.    The Abs I did the same way, if there was too much pull on my hip, then I only did one or two or none at all of that particular version.  I am really psyched to continue on with this.

Those before pictures are a great motivator!!!!

Have a great week!
Love ya,
Bren

No comments:

Post a Comment