One of my favorite places in the world!!!

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Forging Ahead?

   Hello, my Firends,  sometimes it seems as if we are trying to make progress in one area of our lives and the longer we look at it, we really aren't sure.   Need some explanation?  I will try to keep this on the brief side, but I have never been very good at the short answer to any question, unless it is a single word.  Anyway,  I am very aware that I am need to lose weight.  My photo from vacation in January was quite obvious.  What wouldn't be looking like a bright sky blue stuffed sausage in a swimsuit?  So, I have been mulling the idea over in my mind for this length of time.  Trying to decide if I have the dedication and determination it will take to put in the effort and make some big changes in my daily diet routine.  A friend of ours completed the P90X fitness/diet plan program and lost 70 lbs. - yes 70!  He looks great.  I know I don't have 70 to lose, but still, to actually lose the now 40 lbs, get fit and eat healthier would be great.  Fred & I looked at the program - pretty intense.  He ordered it, we have it and I am now ready to begin on August 1st.  I went grocery shopping for the menu plan - shouldn't be too bad sans the salts and most of the fats.  Took my 'before' photos last night - boy do I NEED this program to work!  If I am successful, a before and after picture will be posted - at the end of October when I complete the 12 weeks.  There are some limitations to be accepted.  I will not be able to 'bring it' as a younger person and if I can exercise for 1 hour, that will be a miracle.  Endurance has never been a strength.  Fred & I are going to try to work on it together, but we have very different schedules so we'll see.

So, to forging ahead even in the face of possible failure, but the only way to completely fail is not to try in the first place.  If that's the case, then I have already succeeded!

Have a great rest of the weekend and the week ahead!

Love ya,
Bren

No comments:

Post a Comment