One of my favorite places in the world!!!

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My Apologies - - - -

Sorry,  I did not know it was over a week ago since I last posted a blog.  Super busy is really an understatement.   Now I will explain these pictures. . .

This was April 3rd.  Scott went hunting to find turkeys and then some showed up in our front yard looking for any leftover corn the deer did not eat - yes, our front yard!  And Yes, it was really snowing hard - even a thundersnow.


This is the 'box' that Bry sent to tell us she was expecting!  It took much longer than she had anticipated and wanted us to know in the worst way, so she ended up telling us days before it arrived.  I have until December to get used to the thought of being a 'Grandma'.  I think they will have to call me Grandma Jo, the other options just sound so old ladyish.  :)  'Grandma Jo' sounds much younger and more fun!  Why 'Jo'?  That has been the nickname my mother gave me when I was very young, I always remember her calling me Jo or Jojo.  That's better than 'Pumpkin', another nickname my mother gave me.  :)

Here she is getting ready for Prom!!!!  Gwen is an awesome big sister to do her hair!  Plus, it saved me $40 or more.  Sweet!  Gwen did a great job.

Now here they are.  Alexa and Gunnar went to eat at Noodles, then to Applebee's for dessert.  I know you're thinking, Noodles?  Well, Alexa doesn't eat a wide variety of foods or meat.  She isn't a vegan, but close.  She never has eaten much meat, something with the texture.  I can't tell you how many times she has come into the kitchen because the food smelled good, but wouldn't eat the meal.  Back to Prom.  They had a great time and were pleasantly surprised the music at the dance was mostly appropriate.

Snow, Again!  I took this picture on the way out the driveway going to work.  7am.  We got lucky as the majority of the snow went south - only 2-3 inches here.  The roads in our area stayed clear - no plowing needed. 

Here is the same view just 12 hours later.  It warmed up enough to rain and melt almost all the snow we got last night - even after snowing a bit more today.

Lots of things have been keepingme occupied the past week or so.  I have been busy with scouts - two troops, remember.  The church troop has been starting a new fundraiser, pre-paid gift cards, which is awesome, but the order forms need to be customized for our group, then setting up our account with the company, finding the local gift cards, etc...   It is almost done.  Then I can breathe.  Well, I can breathe now, it's just getting everything in place and working out anything we didn't anticipate.  The first order earned enough to give us lots of hope for the program.

Prom is done, too.  I have decided that this dress is the last one that I will alter myself.  Any in the future will be altered by a professional - I will pay handsomely for another to do it.  :)  I am glad it worked out - but what if it didn't?  I will happily let go of that stress.

Now we are into the Track season.  Poor spring athletes . . . If it wasn't snowing, it was cold.  We are really hoping the sun comes out and warms the place up!  Scott was running the hurdles on Tuesday, his foot caught on one and down he went.  Jammed his right wrist, scraped a hip and has a few bruises.  Thank goodness he is young and will heal quickly.

I have been planning a driving vacation this summer out to see Bry & Mark in Utah and then to see my sis, Pam, and her family in Arizona then to see Gwen in Texas, she will be back south in May.  Me & the 3 youngest will drive out and make the big loop.  Alexa can drive, so we'll tag team it.  I am getting excited and figured out the hotel to stay at on the way out, the one to stay at near the Grand Canyon, then I got tired thinking about the drive back.  It will take 2 driving days to get to Utah and 3 driving days to get from AZ to TX and then home.  It will be great, though.  Well worth it.

Here's hoping the sun comes out to stay - and SOON!
Love ya,
Bren

No comments:

Post a Comment