One of my favorite places in the world!!!

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Almost done!!!!!!!!!

   Got a lot done today.  I trimmed the underside netting of the prom dress this morning - after taking all the trash and recycleables to the dump.  Then it was off to Scott's Wisconsin State Honors Choir audition.  He did pretty well at the audition, at least until the sight reading. Which went OK for the notes, but he knows he missed the dynamics of most it-concentrating on getting the notes right he forgot to look at the other parts of the measures.  This is the first time he has done this in an audition setting.  I am still so impressed he'd even want to try out.
   After that it was lunch at Culver's, yum!  Mid-afternoon on our way home we met Fred at the Tax Accountant's.  I won't say a word about taxes.  I have to just tell myself to be grateful - it means we have jobs and can pay our bills; taxes just come with all that.
   Finally made it home before 5.  We watched a couple of our recorded shows and then I began working on hemming the prom dress at about 7pm.  4 1/2 hours later . . .   I have taken off the skirt(3 layers), narrowed two of the 3 layers as one did not have to be touched at all.  I was very nervous that the top two layers would not match back up.  I did not quite get to the point of tears, but kept going hoping it would all work out.  The zipper was oh so much fun.  I sewed the first side on backwards, then I did not sew close enough to the zipper tread.  Each side was stitched twice.  The first line of stitching to hold it in place and the second line of stitching was to get close to the tread.  It is an invisible zipper, so you have to get very close.  It was very difficult to  wrap my brain around attaching the second side of the zipper and it didn't lay very nicely at the bottom of the zipper either. Very frustrating.  I finally managed to get it looking fair enough and on to the task of re-attaching the 3 layers to the bodice. The very top layer was too big and it was difficult at the zipper.  I pinned in a couple of pleated spots for that top layer, didn't plan their location very well, but it is not very noticeable as they are small.  I really don't like how the zipper lines up with the bodice and have some hand sewing to do for the finishing touches.  I had her put the dress on and everything  will be fine, the lacing up the back has a bow at the bottom, which is the top of the zipper and it is all covered.
    Now I just have a headache and am really looking forward to hitting the pillow.

Good night all!
May you see the end result of your challenges - and not be afraid to tackle them.

Love Ya,  Bren

No comments:

Post a Comment