One of my favorite places in the world!!!

Monday, April 11, 2011

Grateful for my friends!!!!

  Just to clarify the title of today's blog. . .  I consider relatives my friends, too.  I have a best friend, or rather three.  My husband is one, but guys just aren't the same.  My Sister, Pam, is another.  We spent so many years fighting as we grew up that it took a while to become closer.  We have lived in different parts of the country for almost 3 decades and now I wished we lived next door to each other.  She is amazing.  I am glad to call her my sister, honored, in fact.
    My very best friend in the whole world is Wanda.  She has been there for me through thick and thin, listened to me laugh, cry and sometimes whine.  She has sacrificed her own needs for me - to keep being my friend, there's a story with this; however too personal to share.  I have not asked her to do any of these things.  She did them because she wanted to.  Because of her I have learned many things, my testimony of Jesus Christ not only remains but grew stronger.  In talking with her, many problems have been solved, just by her listening.  We first met in the fall of 1983.  I was a freshman in college and I began attending church.  We had fun at Young Single Adult activities together and became fast friends, it was like we had known each other forever.  I am sure we were friends before we came to earth and promised we would help one another get through this test of mortality.  We don't live in the same city - we're 5 hours apart - we've never lived in the same city, but phone calls make the distance disappear.
  Why the trip down memory lane?  This past weekend I had the opportunity to go to her city, kidnap her(sort of), and attend an extraordinary women's conference together!  I wanted to do something special for her.  It was great, uplifting, enlightening and just the break we both needed.   Yes, she has been so many wonderful things in my life and she feels the same way about me. 
  Scott went turkey hunting Saturday morning and got one!  He was home with his catch by 7:00am.  About 19 pounds.  Fred is having the tail and the beard mounted for him - big news.  His first turkey.  :)  Now here's a funny story: Scott wants the feet.  We don't know why, but he does.  He brought the feet into the kitchen to wash them, then set them on the counter.  Alexa was preparing to leave for her ACT test.  She was running late, her car needed gas, she couldn't find her calculator and goes into the kitchen to see the turkey feet!  She had a melt down and wouldn't go into the kitchen, at all!  I'm actually sorry I missed that one.  It is a classic.  My kids are lucky to survive me, some days I just don't have any sympathy for them.  Some days you need to suck it up and keep moving.  There is no time to slow down in the world today.  Nobody cares if it grosses you out!!!!
    These are my kids at home.  The older kids have become wonderful adults.  Although I still have to be a 'Mom' at times, I can be their friend, too.  Which is so nice.  I really enjoy them as adults.  the 3 at home are enjoyed, too - it's different.

Have a great week and count all those friends, may they richly bless your life!!!
Love Ya,
Bren

No comments:

Post a Comment