One of my favorite places in the world!!!

Sunday, April 3, 2011

The dress is done! Whoo hoo! Time to relax . . .?

  OK, those that know me, know I do not relax very well at all.  Just too many things to do, it is way easier to go to a 'happy place' in my mind for a few minutes then continue on.  What is really helpful is my Eucapyltus Mint hand cream from Bath & Body Works, called 'Stress Relief'.  I put it on and it smells so good, I just inhale the scent and can be in a spa, on the beach, or tanning.  It's wonderful!  Miraculously I am ready to get back to work in just a minute or two.
   Now the dress.  I took off the straps(one side) and re-attached them this morning because they had to be angled to fit better and not have a big gap on her shoulder blades.  I also finished up the edges around the zipper to tidy it up a bit.  The very last thing was to attach the fabric piece that will be under the lacing section on the back.  I only sewed about 5" on one side to allow for freedom of placement when getting into the dress.  A velcro sticky dot will be used to anchor the other side for final placement.  :) It might not be the perfect solution, but we only need it to work for one night, right?


   This weekend is our Church's general conference and it is good to listen to words of inspired leaders.  It also means we can hear them broadcast on the TV.  I am in my pj's, sewing and listening to conference.  What a treat not to have to travel today - that only happens with great planning in our house! 


Have a wonderful Sunday!


Love Ya, Bren

No comments:

Post a Comment