One of my favorite places in the world!!!

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

No Way!!!!!

Unbelievable, I haven't posted since December.  My humble apologies.  Life has been busy and not slowing up any time soon.  We had State Honors Choir in January, the weekend of our Anniversary.  There have been cheer competitions almost every weekend.  It's fun to be active and support my kids, but some days it gets long.  However, it has paid off for our Cheerleaders.  They took two routines to State competition last weekend.  Cheer Dance took 3rd and the Varsity Non-Stunt did not place, but the privilege was being there.  The coach was not too impressed with the Non-Stunt routine before regionals and told the team they wouldn't perform at regionals, but pulled it together right before so she let them compete at regionals as it would give them experience and we'd paid the entry fee.  Darned if they didn't do well enough to go on to State!  They were awesome.  Both routines were performed very well at State - the best they had done all year.  It was a good trip for all.

Now, I am planning Scott's Eagle Court of Honor for March 16th.  Cake is ordered, so are Eagle Scout cups and two extra Mentor pins. I have the program pretty well outlined and need to tweak that tomorrow.  I am going to speak in the program and need to prepare my talk of 5 min or so.  Some family is coming for the event and it will be good to see them, too.

This weekend will be a trip for an Aunt's 80th birthday party.  should be fun to see lots of the relies there!  The following weekend (9th) is District Solo & Ensemble Festival for our high school musician's (vocal and instrumental).  There goes another day.  Then the 16th is the Eagle Court of Honor.  The 23rd is the Scouts District Pinewood Derby - our local troop runs it and the concessions.  Wow! Next is Easter.  Did I say time was going fast?

Add to this my workouts.  Yup, still trying to keep my body in shape.  Much harder this time.  I think my body has adjusted to the meal plan and is clinging to every fat cell it can.  I still feel great after the workouts, but not as much success with the body re-shaping as I had the first time.  Other workouts don't work as well.  I did try the Insanity workouts for about a week and a half, but wasn't the same, besides didn't feel good with the bulging disc in my neck - way too much jumping.  I really feel it's a better workout with the P90X.  That's what I am sticking to.

Just when I think I might get a break, I won't.  Track season starts for our Middle School and I am one of the assistant coaches this year.  Need to be there every day for about 8 weeks.  The kids are great and we are just helping them build a foundation for the events.  I attended a CPR course tonight, which was pretty informative, but amusing with the group that was there - a town rescue squad.  Some pretty funny guys.

Well, that's a quick 'catch-up' for now.

Always face the sunshine and the shadows fall behind!   "Helen Keller"

Have a wonderful week!
Love Ya,
Bren

No comments:

Post a Comment