One of my favorite places in the world!!!

Friday, March 15, 2013

Oops! Slipped up again. . .

I really intended to blog sooner than a month.  Time got away from me.  Guess I've been busy.

I got the airline ticket for Alexa to fly from Salt Lake to New York to join us on the high school music dept tour in June.  Should be tons of fun and lots to see.  She will fly back to Salt Lake and then back up to school because she will be in the middle of her second semester at BYU-Idaho.  She is having a fabulous time in class and with all her new friends.

I also got the airline tickets to fly out to Phoenix in October.  It will be a great week! I am so excited to spend a week with cousins and my sis!!!!!

Still trying to workout and take some weight off.  My body adapted to the higher protein, low carb diet and won't let go of a single ounce of fat.  I've had some great workouts, too.  Very frustrating and not sure what to do from here.

I am an assistant track coach this year for the middle school and that starts the last week of March.  I was hoping to be a little trimmer by the time it started, but no such luck.  It should be fun.  The kids are great and we are just laying a foundation for them, which takes a lot of pressure off as a coach.  Don't have to worry about training Olympians, just get them started on their skills and see what they do best.  It is a very short season, only about 7 weeks.  Megan and Scott have started track at the high school already.  They went right from ending cheer into track.

Really looking forward to driving out to Utah at the end of June to see Bry, Mark and that sweet grandbaby!  Korbin has gotten so big, he's 33" tall and not even 18 months old yet.  While I am visiting with them, Megan and Scott will be at EFY.  It is an amazing youth program in our church.  The youth have a great experience meeting new people and building their testimony.  If the youth have hope in Christ, they can withstand a lot of the bad things in this world.

For right now, we are all set for Scott's Eagle Court of Honor tomorrow.  Family coming in to town and friends from all over the area.  It will be wonderful to have it all done.  I don't think he realizes how big a deal it is to have achieved the rank of Eagle before age 16.  He will someday, but it means that I can begin to ease out of the local troop committee.

I am not hurting for things to do, but would be nice to let one thing go.

Meg is getting ready for her Junior Prom.  We got her dress on Wednesday.  Now it needs a little bit of altering (which I will not be doing) and a black shrug.  I will post pics after Prom.  Tomorrow we get shoes, jewelry and the shrug, if at all possible.

Like I said, always lots to do.  Work is going pretty well. I love being at work only 4 days a week.  It is so flexible.  I can take a day off or bank them until I need to use them.  I have to days banked right now, but will use them up with the middle school track season.  I will need to leave work at 3 each day for practice and earlier on days we have away meets.  I can use the banked time a little each day.

I have been meaning to post my new year's resolutions.  Just haven't come up with them yet.  I don't really begin things at New Year's, but work on new things year round.  The create a list means I would have to take the time to sit down and think about it.  It is usually going from one project to the next with me, so beyond that takes quite a bit of thought.

We'll see how this goes.

Have a wonderful weekend!!!!

Love Ya,
Bren

No comments:

Post a Comment