One of my favorite places in the world!!!

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

A.W.O.L.


Hello,  I know, I know, long time since I posted anything.  So much has happened and trying to keep up is hard.  The Caribbean Cruise in October was fabulous.  We had a cabin on deck 1 (very low on the boat), but after a couple nights of high swells on the ocean, I won't complain.  The cabin was very nice, roomy and had a much lower degree of sway than those cabins on higher decks.  Kinda weird watching Pirates of the Caribbean 3 for the giant whirlpool scene when you are on a large boat that is rocking like the one you're watching.  Very Surreal!   The beaches and people were wonderful, I even managed to snorkel.  It was great fun.  This is me and Bry at our last stop - Grand Turk.


Scott had a ton of fun being in the musical our high school did this fall.  They performed The Music Man and he was in the quartet. Scott is the 2nd from the left in the red/white jackets.  So many hours put into preparing and it turned out very well.

Then it was on to the holidays and preparing for that.  I need to be done with shopping/making things two weeks before Christmas so I can get boxes in the mail without having to scramble.  I sent boxes to Arizona, Utah and Texas.  Christmas cards were very simple this year.  A picture of an outside tree and a simple note on the inside.
This was taken after the first snowfall in early December.  I love the lights at Christmas - they remind me of peace, joy and the star that guided the wise men long ago.  I see so many people struggling with so many things right now.  (depression, grief, money, health, change, feeling alone and the list goes on)  If there ever was a time mankind needs the message of hope that Jesus, the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, brought to the world, it would be now.  The war between Good and Evil still rages.  The promise we all have is that if we choose the right and follow Him, we will have peace and share Eternal Life with him.  This life is only temporary, a test for us to see if we will choose to follow Him in all our trials.  A big task for us mere mortals.  I have seen it in my life, that when we make the choice to follow Him, He can guide and direct us, He can give us strength and help us feel His love.  This is my testimony to you, to share that I know He lives, He was born and died that we might be able to return home to our Father in Heaven.  That hard task is done, now all we have to do is implement it in our lives.  In doing so, we can find the peace and joy right now that He promised and in our future.

Have a very Merry Christmas!
Love Ya,
Bren


No comments:

Post a Comment