One of my favorite places in the world!!!

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Motivation. . . hhmmmm . . .missing, I think

  I've been struggling a bit to find motivation - as you can see from my lack of blogging.  Then again, maybe not.  I have been in 'high' gear for so many months now that when I have any amount of 'down' time, I am not sure what to get done first.  My list is so very long and I think I can get one thing done, I think of the next thing I could do and the next and the next and the next - then I don't know what is most important because I'd love to get them all done.  So, I veg and play mahjong dimensions online.  OOOoooppps!

This is how I feel!!!!  And the saying is perfect!!!!  (I was crazy once, lock me in a box and call me nuts.  Nuts, nuts, I like nuts - they make me crazy!!!! )  I say this to my  kids and it drives them crazy.  :)  Oh what fun to be a parent and be a little loopy now and then.

Well, then, what did I do this past month?  Alexa graduated on June 3rd.  My 4th to take the walk from high school into quasi-adulthood.  She is transitioning well and began working at a nearby cheese factory for the summer.  Not a super cool job, but it pays well and she has more hours than most pre-college kids are getting.  She has found that it is not near as bad as she imagined and regales us with some funny stories about machines, cheese, and people who have worked there for many, many years.  She, too hit a deer.  She was on her way home from work (the 2nd week).  When she walked in the door to tell what happened and we weren't sure if she was crying so she wouldn't laugh or laughing so she wouldn't cry.  The car will get a new headlight on Monday.  It is an older car and we won't put it through insurance but just pay it out of pocket.  She was fine and all was well enough.


Megan did well on the Young Women Cycling High Adventure the 3rd week in June. They biked 100 miles and canoed about 15 miles.  It is an awesome trip for the girls who can make it.  She has been frequenting the library in town and loves to check out books, CDs and movies. 


Scott was all gung-ho to begin training for cross country when he had an asthma attack.  It has slowed him up a bit and hopefully he will adapt mentally so he can get back in the swing of things.  It is induced by physical activity and was set off the first week of June with high pollen and high humidity.  He has an inhaler and should be running something every day.  On really icky days outside, he can run on the treadmill in the basement - which actually has some great running programs on it.  The mental adjustment will be the big thing to overcome.  
      He just has two merit badges to complete and finish his eagle project write-up and he can submit his application for Eagle Rank.  So close!!!!!



There was the graduation party and all the kids were home.   :)  Oh, it was fun and everyone behaved well.  I told them that if it became a 'PICK ON MOM' event - they could all leave.  I wish it wouldn't have ever ended.

Here is the 4 generations.  Little Korbin, Great-Grandma Mavis, Mom Bry and Grandma Brenda.

Here is the sweet precious boy!  He has just such an expressive face and so easy going.

this is all of us.
Bry, Mark, Korbin, Megan, Fred, Alexa, Brenda, Tim, Gwen and Scott.  
We will be adding Greg to the photo.  He will be between Gwen and Scott.  He is deployed to the Middle East until early Fall.  He is safe and can talk to Gwen a lot via Skype - so it is a visual phone call.  Pretty awesome to have the technology to do that.


Here is the guys putting one of the floating dock sections in the water.  They made 8 of these and several sections for the stationary pier.  Yes, we had that many dogs at our house.  5 dogs, 3 cats, a turtle and a goldfish.  The dogs were upstairs and the cats were downstairs.  Oh, don't forget the 18 people.  :)  It was all fun!


House got quiet after that weekend.  It was hard to see Bry, Mark and Korbin go.  Good thing, though, we can go see them again!  Don't know when, but we can.


June 24th I traveled to Wausau to compete in the Badger State Games again this year in Discus and added Shot Put.  I threw the Discus 8' farther than last year for a best throw of 81' 11".  I was pretty happy and look to better that next year.  I decided to do the Shot Put, too since I had made the trip.  I hadn't even picked up a shot put in 29 years, but had a nice 'put' of 25' 11".  Not bad, and only lost about 3' from the high school days.  :)  Sweet!     Oh, the best part?  Since no one else in the state my age decided to show up, I got first in both!!!!    There hasn't been much time in the past 3 months to keep up with my P90X, so with the conditioning I maintained from that, it really helped me throw.  Also, for Mother's day, I bought myself a metal rimmed discus and nice carry case - it feels great to throw it.  Who needs flowers?

Now it is the week of July 4th and time to re-group, get back in the workouts because apparently my stomach and waist are quite inflatable.  More sit-ups for me!

Have a wonderful week of the 4th!!!!!  Our Freedom isn't free and we won't keep it if we don't fight for it.

Love Ya,
Bren

No comments:

Post a Comment