One of my favorite places in the world!!!

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Too busy to think . . .

Too Busy is an understatement.  I have so much to do and came down with a head cold this week.  It is only a head cold, a little stuffy in the nose, but so much better than when I usually get sick.  I can deal with this.  I have spent so much time gearing up for this next stretch of 3 weeks or so (maybe longer).

Here's my schedule:

Wednesday evening - church Scout committee meeting
Thursday - Scott & I to Madison for Regional Honor Choir
Friday - All day in Madison.  Lunch with Mom, workout, design Seminary game (I'll have the time)
Saturday - yoga with Mom in AM, Choir concert in afternoon, drive home, make two pies and brownies
Sunday - church (gift card order day) then to local scout troop's spaghetti dinner fundraiser to help wrap it up
Monday - Local scout troop court of honor
Tuesday - Valentines Day dinner at church
Friday - parent's night for cheerleaders at basketball game
Sautrday (18th)- off to WI Rapids for Regional Cheer competition
Friday (24th) - if the cheerleaders make it to state, then we are in Madison for state competition (odds are very good they'll advance) on the 25th
Friday March 2nd,- I fly to Salt Lake for the weekend as Grandson Korbin will be blessed on the 4th)
Monday the 5th, fly home.
Meg's brithday is the 6th and can't miss that either.  :)

I have all my things ready for the Spaghetti Dinner.  Scout families donate items for the silent auction.  I put together a basket of homemade cards (with the help of my sister- her cards are beautiful), a movie night basket complete with snacks, a sundae basket, and the Dessert-A-Month offer that I did last year.  It was really fun to bring dessert to a friend's house all year.  My family also enjoyed it because, when I made dessert for the auction winner, I made dessert for us, too.  We all won!

Yes, it is a lot to do, but I think I have it as streamlined as I can. 

I've tried t look at what I could eliminate from my life to calm it down a bit and I just can't see not doing anything that I am doing.  My children are only with me for a short time and then they are off building their own lives.  I am just happy being busy - SO . . . I must be the happiest person in the world!!!  Not too far off.

Have a great day - EVERYDAY!

Love ya,
Bren

No comments:

Post a Comment