One of my favorite places in the world!!!

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Last week til Christmas!!!!

Time is flying by so fast.  I really missed workouts in Week 11, so I re-did Week 11 last week.  I feel much better, kind of plateaued but keeping at it.  I have had lots of fun as I have tried on clothes in my wardrobe and now they are too big.  We are headed to Mexico again next month - CAN'T WAIT.  Had to try on the swim suits, too.  One fits very well.  One suit the bottoms fit perfect, but the top is made out of two pieces of fabric apparently different kinds and one faded.  The other suit has a bottoms and two tops.  Bottoms fit, but the tops are way too big.  They have pre-shaped cups and are way baggy.  I know that is a lot of suits.  They are two piece suits, but not bikinis - they are tankinis.  My stomach is always covered.  Having given birth to six kids there are lot of stretch marks and no one - no one really wants to see that.  Yes, I do think of others.  Anyway, when you are in Mexico, you are always in a swim suit.  Running around for a whole week in one suit gets gross, so you need more than one.  I ordered a new swim suit top to replace the faded one and will have two nice suits to wear.

Meg had her driving temps in her hands all of 10 min before she lost the card.  I didn't stress too much about it, it had to be somewhere.  She did find them 2 days later and all was well in the world again.  :)  Now to plan a time to get her some practice.  I guess Dad gets the first lesson with her.

I had my annual shopping day with my Mom.  We have fun shopping, planning and having a nice lunch somewhere.  This year was Olive Garden.  Their soup and salad lunch is perfect for a busy day. I only have two gift cards left to buy and the gifts are all done, even wrapped!  We have made some cookies and will get busy with more this week.  I has Alexa help me with a collage photo for cards this year.  I have our entire family in the collage.  Snapfish should be shipping my order out tomorrow - then I can get my cards out later in the week.  Probably won't be delivered until after Christmas, but that will just have to be OK.  I'll work on my letter this week. 

We've gotten through two choir concerts and just have the band concert on Tuesday evening.  The choir concerts were very nice this year.  I love Christmas music, which works out well with so many concerts to go to.  I listen to it all the time and get a new CD each year.

With everything that we need to get done at the holidays it is easy to drift away from why we celebrate Christmas in the first place.  I am very grateful for our Savior, Jesus Christ.  He has completely changed my life.  He took me as I was and worked with me, guided me, loved me, taught me and strengthened me.  I have a long way to go, but have come so far.  I would not be who I am today without Him.  I am deeply grateful for His sacrifice for us.  I am no one of any great impotance in the world, but He helped me learn I am a daughter of God, with a divine heritage and divine potential.  Long way to go - yes, but He helps me to feel that it is entirely possible.  There are many days I feel like there isn't anything I couldn't accomplish.  I certainly understand many things are possible with His help.  Everyone has trials.  We have them to learn and grow and to learn to rely on Him.  When we forget our selfish wants and focus on what He wants us to do, then we have gained all we could ever hope for.  Amazing how that works.      I have often wondered what Mary felt.  Having given birth to my children and raising them I have a pretty good understanding of things.  But what did Mary feel?  Did she really know how that child would be the Savior of us all?

Pretty amazing,
May you have a blessed Christmas.
Love ya,
Bren

No comments:

Post a Comment