One of my favorite places in the world!!!

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A frustrating thing . . .

Our vacation was great and it wasn't too bad getting back into our schedules.  However, when an unauthorized transaction for iTunes hit my bank account I was not happy.  I removed all my banking information from Scott's iTunes account in early June and cancelled my debit card when a transaction hit my account for about $14 or so.  With the new debit card we went on our trip and had no problems at all.  At least until last week when a $103.24 debit hit my account from iTunes.  WHAT!!!!!!  Yup, so much fun.  I called the bank because it was still pending - hoping they could deny it and that would go back to iTunes.  I didn't enter my debit card info into the computer at all and certainly not back into Scott's iTunes account. (iTunes gift cards are the way to go if you have an iTunes account - no worries with those at all!)  Then I looked at where I had used my debit card on the trip.  Only 2 places where the number was out of my control completely.  Jacob Lake Inn for breakfast at the Grand Canyon, they took my card in one of those leather folders, ran the transaction and gave it back to me - then it was not out of the room from where I was and nothing funny appeared to happen.  The other time was in  St. Robert MO where we stayed on the last night traveling home.  We wanted pizza for supper and I didn't want to drive any where, 10 hours was definitely long enough.  So we had it delivered and I gave them my card number over the phone so there wouldn't be a hassle when the pizza arrived.  I'm thinking it was a Dominoes pizza worker.
    I have tried contacting iTunes - good luck trying to talk to anyone at apple.  If they could look it up by card number then they could see who's account got the download.  Seems easy enough, but I am still waiting for an e-mail response.  Don't see that coming anytime soon.  I did get the money back into my account from the bank.  Cancelled the debit card AGAIN and will start over with a new one next week when I get it.

Oh well, what is a person to do other than what I did?  Not much.  I may go to a pre-loaded credit card not attached to any account and use that for online transactions.  Not sure if I could plan far enough ahead to work that out.  The funny thing is, it was only one transaction.  Someone suggested to me that it might be a person who walked by me with a card reader and got the information that way.  I had 5 accessable cards in my wallet - they only used one?  Could they tell which was the debit card?  Would the information be garbled amongst all 5?  Technology is going to leave a lot of us in the dust and soon!  If people could be honest and good, there wouldn't be too much to worry about.  Yes, that is a big IF.

I'm going to work out or something, need to burn off some of this stress.

Have a good rest of the week!  Keep trying to move forward.  I've been told that even a teeny, tiny step in the right direction is still progress. I'm counting on it!  :)

Love Ya,
Bren

No comments:

Post a Comment