One of my favorite places in the world!!!

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Back from vacation

   Well, it was a great vacation!  It is always a treat to go to our favorite resort, Aventura Spa Palace in Playa del Carmen, Mexico.  Being in Wisconsin in January can be very cold.  So, it is cold when we leave and cold when we come back.  Wednesday the 19th our conversation poolside in 85 degree warmth was whether the 75 degree pool water was too cold.  Coming home on the 20th to the high temp of 14 degrees, changed our perspective of the cold 75 degree pool - we now thought it would be great to be back in that water.

Vacation time brings a new side of you.  Fred was getting a massage one day and I had time on my hands, so . . . . I got acrylic nails.  I liked the medium pink and when the manicurist asked me if I would like French tips, I said OK.  I was thinking of the pink base with white tips.  Nope - just the pink.  Trying to type with these things is quite challenging.  I don't know if I will keep them or not, yet.  I may opt for a little shorter and rounded, not square.  Oh, please over look the chubby fingers.  My fingers don't look quite so sausagy in the colder temps.

 
  I do want to say how nice it was to have Tim home with the younger children while we were away.  He hasn't been home since the summer for Gwen's wedding.  He really enjoyed himself and it was nice to meet Lindsay.  The kids also liked having him home, to keep that big brother connection.

   With warmer clothes and stuff to do on our calendar, we should have enough to keep us busy and our minds off of the cold.  It is back to work, boy scouts, cheerleading and preparing for Solo & Ensemble in March. 

No comments:

Post a Comment