One of my favorite places in the world!!!

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Time Flies!!!!

The New York trip was fun and then it was getting thru June to our trip out West.  That was a long drive, with a new water pump in Cheyenne, WY.  That has not been a good state with us for vehicles.  8 years ago we ended up with a new mini-van on our way home.   We are very grateful to have found a repair shop open and open long enough to fix our car!  It was great to see Bry, Mark and Korbin.  Little Korbin is at a very fun age and very full of energy.  Meg and Scott had a great time at Especially For Youth conference.  Awesome experience for them!  We had more adventure on the way home, which was AGAIN a long drive.  Scott has his temporary driving permit and did quite a bit of the driving - good experience for him.
We got home from the trip on July 10th.  Back to work later that day and we've been on the go ever since.  Meg went to Girls' Camp and Scott got back in a car 5 days after getting home from Utah to head to New York State for a Young Mens trip with Leaders and Young Men from church.  I've been trying to get some yard work done, but the weeds are a chore to get rid of.  So, I am doing other projects,  like this one.  Alexa is home from college and we decided to begin having Family Home Evening again.  It always seems to take so much to prepare and corral everyone that we've let it slide for a long time.  The kids wanted a FHE chart of some kind and this is what I did.  (Also did a Chore Chart - we'll see how that goes!)  Cheap baking sheets from Family Dollar, drilled two holes in each for the ribbon to hang them.  Card stock that I printed titles on, left-over poker chips from another project, magnets and some cutting.  Voila!!!
I printed everyone's names on cardstock, used a circle punch and adhered them to the poker chips.
Little did I know that the 'official' poker chips are weighted and magnets are attracted to them.  :)


Here is the finished FHE board.  I decided to go with the colors of my kitchen because that's where I'm hanging it.

Here is the Chore Chart.  It will also hang in the kitchen, but used paper to match the colors on the ribbon.

I've been trying to only begin projects that I think I can finish.  This one was completed in just two days.  Sweet!!!!!

Have a great week!

Love ya,
Bren


No comments:

Post a Comment