One of my favorite places in the world!!!

Friday, June 7, 2013

Busy, Busy, Busy & More Busy

Track season was kinda crazy.  I had fun with the workouts and those middle school students had no excuses - especially if a 'grandma' could do the workout!  I was the core conditioning coach.  I used P90X, Boot Camp, and Yoga exercises to create my 20 min workouts with them.  We split the group into 3 smaller groups and each coach would have 1/3 of them for about 20 min.  So, I would do it with them, which meant my workout was X 3.   I'd like to say I ended up in great shape and trim, but no.  Now that the season is over I have been super busy and no motivation for working out.  I will start again next week when I get back from the HS Music Tour to NY.

Yes, I am not the brightest.  I have traveled with the teenagers before and let's say I am not looking forward to the trip like the kids are.  I signed up for it and paid - my own choice.  Ouch!!!!   I am not going for my sightseeing, I will be OK where ever we go and will try to just be a positive force on the trip.  Wish me luck!

Anyway, getting ready for the trip, I wanted a purse with a longer strap and didn't have one.  I also didn't want to spend a small fortune on a new one - have you seen what a new purse costs theses days?  Yikes!
I went to a good will type store Wednesday at lunch, found one with a Prada label but the straps were too short.  (It really isn't Prada, but the idea was amusing - inside it says Made in China)  I bought it for $7, took it home cut off the straps, drilled two new holes (on on each end), braided 3 colors of ribbon, doubled the braid and tied them to the body of the purse.  Voila!  A fun purse with the length of straps I want!

 
Before                     After

Didn't it turn out perfect?!!!

Gotta run, we will be on the tour bus in an hour!!!!

Have a great week!
Love Ya,
Bren

No comments:

Post a Comment