One of my favorite places in the world!!!

Saturday, April 13, 2013

I was poorly mistaken!

Spring has not yet arrived.  ARRGGGHHH!!!!     It was so promising a few weeks ago.  Now beginning our 4th week of track: meets have been cancelled, the kids can't get outside to practice and to top it all off, we got 3 more inches of snow/ice/sleet/ rain two days ago.  We are all stir crazy!  The one meet they had coming up this week has been cancelled, so it is 5 more days of practice/conditioning.  They will be well conditioned - we hope.   :)

Here is a pic of Megan and Garrett at his prom on April 6th.  They had a great time and looked very nice.  Garrett will come to Meg's prom on the 27th.  Score for Mom!  Two dances and only one dress - Sweet!!!!  Beautiful dress.  Meg found the shrug at Deb, great find - only $13!  We had black ribbon straps added (to stay up where it's supposed to) and the black piece in front, so it wasn't so low cut.

  
They had dinner at Olive Garden, there was a group of 6, 3 couples.  Then to the dance and to Perkins for shakes after.  One last activity was a photo scavenger hunt at Walmart - Yup, everyone running around in their prom outfits.  A great time was had by all!

I am still trying to shed some pounds, with not much luck.  I think it will be a battle of my will against the fat cells.  I have been doing the core workouts with the middle school track team, which is a plus, but not feeling like it is enough to win a battle, much less a war.  I will keep at it, though.  I have nothing to lose except those stubborn fat cells.  This time I am trying the Total Lean Challenge boot camp workouts.  I like them, too, and they are similar to the P90X.

I wasn't sleeping very well the last two weeks or so and that hasn't helped to have any type of quality workout.  Sleep has been much better the past couple of nights, so maybe I am on a roll?  Hope so.  Always so much to get done and on  my plate.  Feel like it will be easing up just a bit later this week.

Guess I didn't put any pics on of Meg as a cheerleader.  Here is our Cheerio!  She is holding the 'Falls' Sign

Here she is cheering at a game.  Who'd a thunk she could be so girly?    :)


Have a great weekend!  Enjoy family and friends,

Love ya,   Bren


No comments:

Post a Comment