One of my favorite places in the world!!!

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Now you understand why a journal is hard for me. . .

So I tried to be better and have done pretty well keeping current on this blog for just over a year. . . until recently.  Still lots of things on my plate, I actually think I have two plates in hand.

 This is Scott with his new haricut.  Now he really looks older and the girls - well lets just say a 'stick' is handy.  He has the materials purchased for his Eagle Project which will be delivered this week.  He begins work on the dog runs for the Humane Society next Saturday. YES, a BIG project, but it will be done!!!!
 Here is the cutest 'bunny' in the whole world!  Korbin is already 5 months old!!!  He'll hate this picture when he is a teenager, but wouldn't it be perfect in his Senior Class video?!    :)
 Alexa also got her hair cut.  It is way cute and nice to have it short for the spring play 'A Fairy Tale - the Ever After'.  It finished up tonight and the kids did a fabulous job on it.  She even got the Director's Award.  :)
This is Alexa as Snow White and her good friend Kaitlyn as Hedda.  Hedda is the sister to Snow White's wicked step-mother and Cinderella's wicked step-mother. Guess wicked ran in the family.  It was so much fun to see where this new story went with the characters we all know.

In addition to these things in my life, I was asked if I could help out with our Middle School track team.  I volunteer helping the kids learn to throw the shot put and discus.  I love being out there with them and the coaches are grateful I can help.  It is really only for about an hour on practice days, but it feels good. 

Keeping up with my workouts has been difficult and I feel it's a good week when I can workout 3-4 times.  Need to keep at it though, because my 'baby tummy' will probably never go away and I can only hope to contain it.    I also need to keep doing the workouts, if for no other reason than I feel so good when I am done.

We tried something new at work this past week.  Our break-time conversations can go anywhere and some days it can end up on the negative side, which we happened to comment on.  So we all took a turn naming 3 good things that had happened to us that day (all before 10am).  It changed the mood of the whole day and I think we all felt pretty good after that.

SO. . .  think of 3 good things that have happened to you today.  Here are my 3:
1) The materials are all purchased for Scott's Eagle project and enough of it was on sale to save $400!  Then I was able to get it tax exempt, which saved another $135!  (this one was huge!!!)
2) It was a beautiful sunny day - all day.
3) I talked to all my kids today - ALL 6!!!!

Love to all and have a great week!
Bren

No comments:

Post a Comment