One of my favorite places in the world!!!

Monday, September 19, 2011

Hoping to feel better

I am STILL trying to kick this cold, or whatever the illness is.  Today begins week 6.  My voice is almost back to normal and I can complete entire days without needing a nap.  I am, however, still feeling worn out and usually cough up a lung in the evenings.  Not back to my exercise program because of the coughing.  I will give it another two weeks, then I begin the program again no matter what.  If I keel over during exercise at least I go out doing what helps me feel good.

I haven't been slacking, though.  The harvest is in from our garden.  62+ quarts of tomato juice, 28 quarts stewed tomatoes, 21 quarts spaghetti sauce, 28 pints salsa, 7 quarts tomato soup, 4 - 2 quart jars of refrigerator pickles and lots of shreded zucchini in the freezer.  Don't worry, we're not done yet.  I will do another batch or two of soup.  Then there is the outrageous amount of butternt squash we have to bake, mash and freeze.  This is Meg after picking all the squash with Dad.  Some of the squash are spaghetti squash, which will be fabulous with my homemade sauce!

Bry & Mark were home for a week, just enjoying a restful week with family.  We really didn't do much just hang out together, have a baby shower, and take a day trip to Dave's Falls about an hours' drive north of us.  It is a beautiful place with great scenery, rocky outcrops, white water rapids, lots of trees and just gorgeous.  We took some of Alexa's senior pics there.  Can't take a bad pic with scenery like that.  Bry is so cute being pregnant.  She has 9 weeks to go and everything looks good.  I only worked 1/2 days to spend time with them.  Adult children are so wonderful to be around.  Teenagers really do turn ito human beings again.  :)

Have a great week and we get further into the Fall season!
Love Ya,
Bren

No comments:

Post a Comment